Monday, July 30, 2012

One More Time! Winnemucca Lake: Mokelumne Wilderness

My college-aged stepson is visiting this week, so I stole him away from his friends and family and we headed to the hills.

The weather this time was beautiful, although many of the flowers I saw earlier this month are done blooming. We got to the trailhead at 8:30am and had almost the whole place to ourselves. When we were hiking back, the trail was more crowded.

We hung out at the lake a bit, wandering along the shore, since I did not get a chance to do that last time.





The Kid drinks more water than I do, so I got to bust out my nifty water filter and refill our bottles. The collapsible bucket was very nice for bringing water up from the shore to a flatter spot.
Since my First Need filter is set up for my Nalgene bottle, we just dumped my bottle into his and refilled mine.

And one final cheese-tastic shot


No comments:

Post a Comment