Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sagehen Creek Trail: Tahoe National Forest, Truckee area


7 miles north on highway 89 from the I-80/89 interchange is a little bridge-let over Sagehen Creek and a parking lot (unsigned) on the right after the bridge.


It is an easy and pleasant 2.5 miles (or so I've been told) to the meadow by Stampede Reservoir. It took me 2 hours 15 minute round trip so I think that's about right.

Flowers. Lots of flowers.

People, lots of people on a weekday morning. All looking for the camas lily, I suppose.
The Famous Lily

Whole field of 'em

I have had trouble finding a good flower book. I had a useful conversation with the only other single hiker I met, who was more than glad to whip out 2 books from her knapsack and give the plus and minus for each. We even looked up flowers together. I took photos of the covers so I can look for them later.

On to the flowers! (and a few scenic shots)


One of four kinds of flowering shrubs I saw




Squaw Carpet

Stampede Reservoir



Pretty sure this is yarrow


No comments:

Post a Comment