Monday, August 1, 2016

Return to Winnemucca!

August 1st, 2016

My yoga-friends and I finally got our acts together and went on a hike this year.
They had never been on the Carson pass to Winnemucca version. So we did that.

We got to the trailhead at 8:30 and took about 1.5 hours to go the 2.5 miles to the lake. Back was probably a bit quicker since we had already spent some time gawping at flowers.

So, on to the good stuff! Pictures! I'm too lazy to organize them so I'll just write a bunch of captions.

Caples Lake. I take this pic every time I hike this hike. Love it.

Elephant's Back.

Tilted landscape, pretty level trail.

A hip-deep sea of flowers

Astounding variety.

Even though the rangers put out these leashes, some hikers ignored the rules.

My new small Deuter daypack.

Snow in August.

Lake Winnemucca

Your lupins or your life!

More

Still more

Flower overload yet?

I'm in the middle. Thank you, The Stickpic

Everybody loves flowers

My hiking companions.


Loyal followers should not despair, I HAVE been out on the trails this year, learning to trail run! It is soooo fun, but does not really fit my idea of this blog. So, all the silence since last year.
I will admit to having missed blogging about an earlier trip to Bassi Falls. Mea culpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment